While no amount of money can make up for the loss of a loved one, compensation through a wrongful death claim can help you deal with financial concerns related to the death and give you a safe haven from which to take your first steps. Huh. to be healthy. While looking to ease your pain, we offer several recommendations that can help ensure that your claim is successful.
in the state of california, The following parties have the power to file suit for wrongful death charges. In connection with the death of a loved one:
- spouse, common-law partner, or surviving child of the decedent
- In the event that the deceased has no surviving partner or children, designated relatives, such as parents or siblings, can file the suit
- Other people who were financially dependent on the deceased. As a stepchild or alleged spouse, they can also file a lawsuit.
In the case of a wrongful death claim, California makes a distinction between economic and non-economic. With this in mind, it is important to note that there is a possibility to recover not only financial losses (such as those caused by medical expenses or funeral expenses), but also to obtain compensation for less tangible losses such as pain. is also a possibility. Due to the loss of the company.
Here are some of the most common damages in a wrongful death lawsuit in California:
- funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills relating to the injuries of the deceased
- loss of domestic services (for example, if your loved one regularly cleans and does laundry, you can claim the value of those services)
- loss of financial aid
- loss of community, consortium or companionship
- The pain and suffering of the deceased.
When making a claim for such a traumatic situation, it is worth thinking about ways that will allow you to at least recover an amount sufficient to allow a period of mourning without financial complications.
When calculating property loss, it is necessary to take into account not only the decedent’s final income, but also factors that may seem extraneous, such as his estimated life expectancy, education and skills, and even the potential Promotion too. The death of a loved one means not only the loss of that person, but also that person’s ability to live a full and successful life.
Additionally, the State of California does not have a standardized formula or quantity for calculating the value of non-economic damages, leaving it to the discretion of the jury. This is why it is important that you are able to create and present a case that clearly states how devastating the loss has been to you. Having a lawyer who stands in solidarity with you will be vital at this point, and this is where our firm will make sure to put all of their skills at your service.